We all need goals to aim for right? They are important to our success and give us something to achieve. Goals are needed in both our personal and business lives. I wonder however, how many of us actually write them down and create a plan to get there.
I hear of friends who place a picture of an item they want (lets say a new car) on an inspiration board. And there are companies who have a goal to reach a sales quota or increase their revenue. Great goals, but how do you get there?
In creating a plan to achieve goals consider the following categories:
1. What is the exact goal? (Meet a sales quota, increase revenue)
2. What objectives or items needed to achieve the goal? (Additional marketing materials, networking, lower overhead/cost of production)
3. Create a plan/strategy to reach the objectives and obtain the items needed. (Find marketing resources, update company image, have an energy audit; evaluate/renegotiate contracts for materials)
4. Complete the items necessary in your plan/strategy. (Work towards checking of items within the plan)
5. Revisit plan/strategy for accountability and to adjust for any changes.
Goals are more than a dream or hope for the future. A bit of thinking and strategy is required. Make them realistic, attainable and planned so that you enable yourself to succeed.